Resources for those who are autistic, are wondering if they may be autistic, or just want to be better informed.
All sites listed are run by autistic people.
- The Autistic Women’s and Nonbinary Network has a lovely Welcome Packet for newly diagnosed or newly recognized autistic women and nonbinary adults.
- The Autistic Self-Advocacy Network has a book, “Welcome to the Autistic Community” which is available as a free PDF download at the page linked.
- The Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism has a wide range of information and writers on many topics. Here is a particularly lovely article on The Joy and Vibrance of Autism.
- The person who maintains this page, Neurodivergent Rebel, maintains a constantly growing list of quality, autistic-run sources from all over the internet: Facebook, Tiktok, Youtube, and blogs.
- This List of 100-ish Books on Autism and Neurodiversity is on a site that is supported by neurodiversity advocates, and many of them are written by autistic people.
- This is a fantastic article featuring 12 People On What It Felt Like to Discover Autism.
- Autism and Race links to many resources, specifically for BIPOC and multiply disabled neurodivergent folks
- The Art of Autism hosts and shares autistic writers, poets, musicians, and visual artists.
- Start Here: A guide for parents of autistic kids is a booklet created with the Autistic Women and Nonbinary Network, the Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism, and Little Lobbyists. You can purchase a print or ebook copy, or get it for free.